What we’re about.
Our approach to learning is based on experimentation, exploration and discovery.
Children learn at their own pace and are given individual attention.
- We encourage children to be independent and to use creative and scientific thinking skills using their imagination.
- We facilitate learning through play and our curriculum is mainly of an emergent nature, letting the children guide us with relevant topics of interest to them.
- Our curriculum consists of relevant project based experiences integrating all learning areas.
- We incorporate aspects of the Reggio – Emilia, and other philosophies in our learning experiences.
- The assessment of children is continuous and part of their daily experiences.
- We encourage the children to be active and engaging participants in learning.
- We support the learning of multi languages.
- We instil a desire for learning, conversation and research.
A typical daily routine
07h00 – 08h00 Arrival time and free play
08h00 – 08h20 Settling in and First morning planning ring
08h20 – 09h20 Art/ Cultural / discovery and exploration activity time
09h20 – 09h30 Tidy Up time
09h30 – 10h00 Language / discussion / music /
10h00 – 10h30 Snack time
10h00 – 11h20 Outdoor play
11h20 – 11h30 Tidy up time
11h30 – 12h00 Movement ring / story
12h00 – 13h30 Lunch time and rest period
13h30 – 14h00 Collection time
14h00 – 17h00 After- care
Included in our school day – No extra cost
Music: percussion, dance, appreciation, multi cultural
Socio emotional skills
Visual / Auditory perceptual skills
Gross motor development